TLT Consulting: Teaching, Learning, and Technology, Putting the Pieces together

Not nearly daily thoughts that occur to me as I read, peruse, design, teach workshops and courses about using technology in an educational or informational setting. Check it out to see what I mean.

10 May 2007

Tinkertoys

Doug Johnson's Blue Skunk Blog - Blue Skunk Blog - Virtual Tinkertoys

Doug Johnson refers to technology tools that allow one to create things instead of just using them as "Tinkertoy software.



I remember Tinkertoys from when I was a kid and I think the analogy is perfect. The direction that web 2.0 tools are taking us is clearly in the direction of "Tinkertoys" and I am all for it. Let us create, collaborate, communicate. It's about the connections we make (check out George Siemens learning theory of Connectivism) and what we understand of the information (and artifacts) that we assemble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home