TLT Consulting: Teaching, Learning, and Technology, Putting the Pieces together

Not nearly daily thoughts that occur to me as I read, peruse, design, teach workshops and courses about using technology in an educational or informational setting. Check it out to see what I mean.

04 May 2006

Useful Web 2.0 tools

I love Alan Levine...and we've never met. I have admired his work while he was at Maricopa Community College, and his CogDogBlog was, and is, one of my favorites. Today, I finally took advantage of his Multipost Bookmarklet Tool, and it's sitting up there in my toolbar.

And then when I realized that he is now workingwith Second Life, I was (am) surprised again, at the sometimes synchronicity of things. A long time ago I discovered Second Life but never did anything with it. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago when a student (thanks, Amy :-) told me of her activity in SL that I was prompted to go back in to SL and poke around.

Three hours after I first logged in I was still playing with my avatar's appearance, and my partner was beginning to feel just a bit slighted. Oooh, SL clearly has the possibility of sucking me in in a very time-consuming way. Anyway, the news about the NMC SL Campus Opening has caught my fancy. This is one topic that I want to put on a watch list. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 1:26 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Thanks for the kind words and links, Elaine. With all the hand wringing about the horrors of MySpace, lost in the wash are many more positive, productive connections that happene on the net but are never in the news.

regards

Alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home